Export multiple charts to Excel

Wolfgang Paulus shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

I try to export a report that contains multiple charts to Excel, but the export contains only one chart. PDF is working and shows all charts. Is there a way to export multiple charts to Excel?

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see, this has already been logged as a Defect here at Yellowfin, as of yet this has yet to see any movement however as stated our only option at this point would be to export to PDF.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused. Let me know if you have any further issues around this, I would be happy to assist where I can.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mark,

thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I was not able to find anything related to this in the community, therefore I am asking.

Are there plans to fix/support it in a future release?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

Unfortunately I can't provide any ETA at this point. I have gone ahead and linked this ticket to our ticket in JIRA (Development), at this stage it would be a case of "checking in" to see if we have an further updates.

Once again I apologies for this Wolfgang.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

sure, understand.

Sorry, but I am new to the community, will I then be able to receive updates on this topic or follow up somehow?

Thanks,

Wolfgang

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

No problem Wolfgang, welcome to the Yellowfin Community... Going forward as I have tagged myself in to the ticket with our development team, I will be notified of any updates. As soon as I get an update I can then notify you. I hope this is ok.

Going forward Wolfgang, I just want to explain how our ticketing system works here at Yellowfin:

• Topic: Problem, Question & Idea = Public to all members.
  • Ticket - Private to just yourself and YF Team.

With this I would highly recommend submitting a Ticket if it contains sensitive data.

I hope this helps Wolfgang, have a great day/evening ahead.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Yes, that's fine. Thanks for your support and you prompt answer.

Regards,

Wolfgang

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

No problem, I will now go ahead and mark this ticket as Defect Logged. Thank you for your understanding with this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Wolfgang,

Just an update, I have changed the status of this from a Defect to an Idea/Enhancement.

What does this mean? What can I do? Not a lot at the minute, we will simply have this added to our list for our development team to look at, hopefully soon we can have this implemented.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Team,

Is there any progress on thie Defect? When export works with PDF and not with excel, then it should be a defect right?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hey Bharath,

I hope you are well!

Just to let you know, Mark is currently on Annual leave - So I will be checking in on his tickets for him, while he is away.

I had a look at this development task for you, and it looks like it has been implemented into version 9.0, 8.0.4 and 7.4.12

This was an idea because it was previously a limitation that had never worked within yellowfin. Calling it a defect would imply that it did work in a previous version, however, since this didn't, we have to call it an enhancement.

But it should now work within the latest versions - let me know if you have any issues with this - Happy to help! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Is it possible to back port the fix to 8.0.1? One of our customer has this recently upgraded to 8.0.1 and they have multi chart reports created. They are impacted due to this issue. Can you let me know if it is feasible to provide a patch with the fix.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

I'll respond on behalf of Mark. Unfortunately due to larger changes around chart generation, this particular item cannot be back-ported into older releases. The client will need to upgrade to a later release (keeping in mind 8.0.4 was released in Dec 2019...so the change has been available for quite some time). For future back-port requests, please talk to your internal team and have them discuss it with their YF contact. Backports are a special request, and not really something for general public posts, just to ensure it gets the right attention.

Thanks,

David

photo
photo

Hi Bharath,

I have requested this with our development team, I will update you asap.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Is this defect environment specific by any chance?

Are you able to share the details of the defect?

Thanks,

Nick

photo

Hey Nick,

I hope you are well & having a great start to the new year :)

Mark is currently out at the moment, so I will answer on his behalf.

This Task was instead determined to be an enhancement, because before it was implemented into versions 9.0, 8.0.4 and 7.4.12, this ability was never in Yellowfin, therefore was not a defective feature.

So any version before versions 7.4.12, 8.0.4, and 9, this is a limitation.

However, from these versions and above, you should have the ability to do so! :)

If you are having issues with this feature, and you are on a 7.4.12, 8,0,4 or 9 and later, then please raise a new ticket to discuss the issue you are having.

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file