How System Task Admin works

Yu Lai shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I tried finger out how System Task Admin works, when I turn it ON and OFF.

I checked wiki and Community, there is no similar topic.

Please help me out with this, and I would like have some screenshots if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Yu,

I hope all is well,

Looking through our Wiki it shows that this option allows us to "Approve or reject the completion of system tasks." I will further test this to see how this works and provide screenshots where I can. I hope this is ok and expect a reply back from me very soon.

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Available+Security+Functions

e5682ddddbe6d0010c4f08eea10dbc23

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I've got to confess that after spending some time playing around with this....I've got no idea!!!

And the Wiki only has very minimal info which doesn't help

Anyone else........???????

DA

photo

Hi Yu,

sorry for the confusion, obviously that last response was meant to be an internal one to our team only.

We will get someone else over here who is more of a subject matter expert on System Tasks to help out....

regards,

David

photo

Hi Yu,

We are still awaiting an update on this, we will update you asap.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Yu,

So it appears Fran has confirmed how this works, great news. With this would you mind if I go ahead and mark this Question as "Answered" ?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Yu,

I'm pleased all is well and you have your answer although I didn't help that much, but thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Team,

just wondering.....do you think that the solitary documentation of this mysterious function is enough (or even correct)?

"Allows users to approve or reject the completion of system tasks"

regards,

David

photo

I am confused, this ticket says that is answered by Fran but I don't see any response by anybody called "Fran". Could you please include the answer here?

photo

Hi Gadi,

Sorry for the confusion, looks like we found a defect with the community, which relates to deleting and re-creating users (not something that is common practice).

I will wait a few days to ensure you have seen this message, then will go ahead and remove the extra comments made, and flag it back as answered.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Gadi,

I hope all is well,

I have since done some research (big thanks to my YF team) and I believe we can answer this with the following:

System Task Admin is related to access filters and reference codes.

When creating an access filter, if you turn on the option called update reminder, a system task is automatically created. The reminder is displayed on the Task of the user who has system task admin on, otherwise nothing shows there.

I've attached 2 images of which will help with my explanation.

c16b81c36274e5d7b09b82c9031a09b5

a17d38ad2e2dc48a52252cfb289ddcc1

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file