Customising Yellowfin

Deannah shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I am a big user of yellowfin for my organisation, but the installation was done in a central place by another team.

If i want to access the ROOT directory in order to customise do i need to have full access to this folder.

Is it possible to do so through the yellowfin website?

Or is there another suggested workaround?

Many Thanks,

Deannah

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Deannah,

Thanks for reaching out. Thisbh depends on what you're looking to do. For the most part, restyling Yellowfin would have to be done via CSS and/or JSP's in the ROOT folder and as such, would require access to Yellowfin's Installation Directory.

You can read more about Restyling Yellowfin on our Wiki here. This contains pretty much any and all options for customization within Yellowfin. I believe the section you'd have the most control over without access to the installation directory would be found under the Styling Reports, Charts, and Dashboards section. Regardless, I recommend taking a look through the Wiki link provided above to see what you can and can't access, as only you can verify permissions and what you can or cannot access on your end.

Hopefully this helps. Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much, i thought that would be the case. I've been using the wiki quite a lot, and did read everything on there. Was just hoping for a work around for the ROOT folder.

Many thanks,

Deannah

photo

Hi Deannah,

You’re welcome! Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Deannah,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you and don't think there's really much I can add here, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file