Jasper Report Integration: Respect Access Filters

Travis shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I am wondering if there is any way to have the row level access filters on the Yellowfin connection enforced when the data is pulled during the jasper report rendering from Yellowfin. I found reference to this along with an indication it was coming from back in 2012. (TASK ID = 110187)

Was this ever implemented or is it supported in some way?

If so would it also work for filters? Provided that you can even get a database driven selection list to work in such a case.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Travis,

unfortunately enhancement request 110187 was never implemented, most probably because it sounds like it would be a lot of work - the Yellowfin source filter functionality is applied at the view level, whereas the Yellowfin Jasper report plugin doesn't use views, instead the report SQL is run directly against the data source.

We have recently changed our CRM system and I notice that enhancement seems to have fallen through the cracks, so I have created a new Idea for you:

http://community.yellowfin.bi/agent/object/3044

regards,

David

photo

Hi Travis,

I'm just going through my work list and checking up on things and I noticed that this case has been hanging around for a month so I'm asking whether it can be closed now?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Travis,

it's been 2 weeks since my last communication about the status of this question and there has been no response, so I'm going to mark it as answered, however if you feel that is incorrect then just respond and then the question will re-open and appear back on my worklist.

regards,

David

photo

Ok. Thanks.

Sent: July 12, 2017 12:40 AM

To: Travis

Subject: New Comment in "Jasper Report Integration: Respect Access Filters"

photo

thanks Travis!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file