Naming Charts

Zack Wilson shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

Is there a way, currently, to name charts for easier use? When using "Select Visualization" it is hard to determine which one I want to use...

/48bf4896ad0234074dbcfdadd8962c9d

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Zack,

You can name and give charts titles in the Report Builder:

1. Open the Report and click Edit.
  2. Click on the charts tab at the top.
  3. Click on the chart you want to name.
  4. Click on the ABC icon in the top centre, then change the dropdown to Custom and you can set a title there.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards.

Chris

/f12a1b965a2a25187841bbadc7bceb19

photo

Chris,

I don't necessarily want a title. I just want a name to be able to reference the chart...

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

Unfortunately it looks like at this current time that is the only method for changing the reference to the chart. To make it invisible, you could add custom styling so that the text is the same colour as the background, although it might still be shown if you want to put the report on a different coloured canvas dashboard.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Chris,

Thanks for your help. Can we move this to an idea...?

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hi Zack,

No worries, that's been logged as an idea!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Zack,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to inform you that, this idea has been addressed and implemented in our 9.10 version. You can find release notes and downloads here - https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/home

For now, we will go ahead and mark this ticket as " Completed" for the time being. If you require any assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file