Freehand SQL Date filters to be the same visualisation as Drag and Drop filter

Stephen Van Rooyen shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

As it stands the Freehand SQL Filter does not appear the same (visually) when compared to the Drag and Drop options when building reports.

Looking at my images below you can see the difference. We would like the Freehand SQL Filters to be the same visually.

Drag and Drop

6e916fa100c51363e7870f0ac66f5b96

Freehand SQL Filter

a82de54099f1fc6002dab2d4dc65bb61

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Stephen,

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but I've used both freehand views and reports, with dates & timestamps, but each time I get the calendar selector.

379757c1c4accc71d7118b91c3388de5

How are you generating your report & filter above?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

You are using the equals operand, the resquest is that when using the between operand it shows a single filter with a date range date picker.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

Yup that would be it, I can see you're problem and have logged the idea.

Will keep you posted on any changes, though at this point in time there are no immediate plans.

Please let us know if there was anything else you were after in the meantime.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

Any progress on this idea?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Not at this point, and in all honesty is not something we have confirmed we will support, or prioritise.

Why you ask?

Freehand SQL reports are there for advanced report writers who simply want to copy and paste SQL from one tool/report into Yellowfin. It's not really there to replace using the drag-and-drop builder.

So while we support it, it's never going to have a full match of functionality with drag and drop reports, as that should be the preference for creating reports.

In saying all of this, I suspect there is already a way to create a functioning report the way you want using the one of the following methods;

-The drag and drop build

-Virtual table in a drag and drop view

Is there a reason why the above two options are not feasible?

Thanks,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file