ReportUuid vs ReportId

Robert Wheeler shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

We currently have an integration with Yellowfin and we are allowing customers to schedule when reports are run. I am looking for a unique identifer I can use to request a specific report. I noticed when retrieving a list of reports that there is a reportId and a reportUuid and was wondering which of those I could use so that the correct report is generated.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Robert,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I'll start by defining the difference between ReportId and ReportUuid.

The ReportId is a primary key and a unique identifier within the Yellowfin Configuration Database. Whenever a report is changed, a new ReportId is generated and the old ReportId has a StatusCode changed to indicate that it's no longer the "published" copy of the report.

The ReportUuid is generated when a report is published. This ReportUuid will remain unchanged per ReportId, but when running reports only the "published" report will be returned for the specified UUID.

That being said, as there's different methods of integrating Yellowfin I can't say for certain which pertains better to your case. I do feel it would be safe to say that calling a report by UUID will ensure that you're calling the current, published copy of the report.

Does this information help?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thank you for the response that clears up my question

photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update. I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered in consideration of your response. As always, feel free to reach out with any further questions or issues.

Thank you,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file