How do I search for ticket status?

Peter Ruth shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I want to be able to search tickets (or tasks?) that have been raised and find their status.

I have tried using the top right search field and main search bar on the community page but don't get results on known ticket numbers,even when you can locate a ticket number in a comment off the community front page.

e.g. I want to find the status of Ticket 120388

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/yfforum-page-x-of-y-in-report-footer-thread-120365

Thanks

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Peter,

I hope all is well,

For the Ticket ID of 120388 we were using our old ticketing system, this was internal to staff within Yellowfin. Further to this I have since looked for this ticket within our old CRM system and I can see that we don't have any movement on this, although this does sound like it would be of a good idea to have within Yellowfin. With this I have since placed this within our "Idea" section so that we can get votes on this then hopefully soon we can have this looked at further by our Dev Team.

See link for Idea: http://community.yellowfin.bi/agent/object/2889

Going forwards we are now using our new ticketing system; Community. Our tickets are split into the following:

Ticket = Private between yourself and Support Staff

Question = Public

Problem = Public

Idea = Public

For Tickets you can find a list of all your tickets under your user card. With regards to searching, we can do this by using the main search bar as you mentioned, although this will only bring results from the Questions, Problems and Ideas.

I hope this has cleared things up? if not please do not hesitate to contact me further as I would be happy to assist. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

OK, I understand. Thanks for raising the new idea.

The search for tickets does seem a bit hit and miss if you have a number available. I searched for a few I found in the comments of recent questions/ideas/problems and only get a few found using the search options for the specific numbers instead of the actual title/description.

Regards,

Peter

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me. I can understand that the search option is a bit frustrating at times, although I do have some good news - we are currently in the process of looking at the search functionality so if you can please bear with us we might be able to have some better news for you.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

OK, sounds great. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Peter

photo

Hi Peter,

I've gone ahead and marked this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file