Text widgets not appearing in report exports

Ryan Navratil shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

When we export a chart with text widgets, those fields are stripped off the report:

Non-exported:

/a6e4cc538a4b8688bdc24a6430e93d2f

PDF version:

/7ce24637632b924932002f3635b03410

This happens for .PDF, excel versions. Can this be resolved with settings? Thanks!

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question. Could I ask what sub-version of yellowfin 7.4 you are experiencing this with? And this is a text widget, as opposed to a summary widget, right? I ask because there are a few developer tasks relating to widgets not exporting in various capacities, some of which have been resolved in recent builds. For example "summary widget doesn't export to excel" is unresolved as of 8.0.4, and "Canvas text widget not exporting to PDF" is marked as fixed as of 8.0.2.

That said, I'm 99% sure this is a defect, or more succinctly two. Depending on your version an update may resolve this, and if not I'd like to make sure I have this ticket associated with the right task, so we can let you know when it's fixed.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric- thanks for the information:

we're on 7.4.8

photo
photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the additional info here. So it looks like PDF exports will work with text widgets as of 7.4.11 and 8.0.2, but I'll need to test and submit the excel export issue, which should be pretty easy... do you have a target build of 7.4, 8, or 9 you would like to see this fix implemented for, if it turns out it's not working in our most recent versions?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Ryan,

I did a little testing - it looks like the text widget excel export is working in v9.2 -

d20ebf34887d7bf430ad04cb0e668b31

As well as 8.0.6 -

942986a251569a2d8d633667a87aee26

So it looks like an application upgrade will give you the solutions you're looking for here. Based on the slightly different output, this looks to be actively worked on currently. Would you be interested in testing this in an upgraded version, to identify any specific functionality you'd like to see that is not there at this time? If not, I'll consider this question to be Answered in a few days.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file