Cache underlying data in report saved as view

Dylan Erens shared this problem 6 years ago
Completed

Currently the underlying report will run every time the top level report is run (even if caching is enabled on both)

It would be nice to be able to cache the original results.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dylan,

After speaking with the product team, they were able to confirm my suspicion that this is in fact a bug. I have raised a defect ticket to address it (#5982) and will keep you updated on it's status!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan/David, was this defect resolved? I'm finding reports built on reports as views are taking a very long time to run, even if it is returning a single column and a single row, suggesting it is running the underlying report again (even though it is cached). I am on YF 9.3.1

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

I can confirm the issue is still present in the latest 9.6.1 release also, so unfortunately the defect has not yet been addressed.

However, after digging a bit further into this, I can understand why it's working this way (as the report is cached, however the view itself is not) and will discuss this further with the dev team to figure out the best way to tackle this. I'll keep you posted on updates and apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file