"Unable to process Jar entry" on startup

Dieter Schmerlaib shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

I have recently upgraded a customer installation as part of a preproduction upgrade and get the following errors on startup. This slows startup down but eventually everything runs as expected. Not sure if this is something that needs to be dealt with.

Unable to process Jar entry[ module-info.class] from Jar [file:/<.install folder> webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/jackson-annotations-2.10.1.jar!/] for annotations

org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Invalid byte tag in constant pool: 19

this also happen for

webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/bcprov-jdk15on-164.jar

webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/jackson-core-2.10.1.jar

webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Dieter,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. I have a few questions that will help get us going:

1. Can you please confirm the version the customer was on previously?
  2. What version you have upgraded to?
  3. What version of Java is being used?
  4. What version of Tomcat is installed?

It is most likely some minor version difference in one of these, but we will need the above information to be able to give some more guidance.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neil,

1. 7.2 Current Code Version: 2016102

2. 9.1 MaxBuildDate: 20200330

3. java version = 1.8.0_101

4. from info.jsp

Application Server:Apache Tomcat/7.0.68

Cheers Dieter

photo

Hi Dieter,

Thank you for that. The first thing I would suggest is upgrading Tomcat to the more recent 8 or 9 versions (Yellowfin 9 ships with tomcat 9.0.33). Instructions on doing this are found here. I would recommend definitely backing up the directories:

\Yellowfin\appserver\lib

\Yellowfin\appserver\bin

\Yellowfin\appserver\conf\server.xml

Before proceeding. Let me know if you intend to upgrade Tomcat and how it goes.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neil,

That seems to have done the trick thanks. I do have a remaining SEVERE error. I have seen these before quite a lot are they of concern ?

11-Jun-2020 14:19:30.604 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@466c2e2]) and a value of type [java.lang.Class] (value [class oracle.sql.AnyDataFactory]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

photo

Hi Dieter,

Glad that sorted it out for you. Those errors are nothing to be concerned with, unless they prevent Yellowfin/Tomcat from shutting down.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file