Legend Limit Not Working

Ollie Chapman shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hello,

I am trying to hide the legend of a chart after 20 entries, although the function is not working for me. I have tried multiple different numbers, and nothing seems to work.

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ollie!

Does the legend limit still not apply if you set it to something like 3? Once set, if you close and reopen the report with the changes made, does it still not work?

Could you try to set a limit in another chart as a means of testing?

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello,

The legend limit will not work if I change it to 3 or any other number. I have closed and reopened and it still wont work.

Same goes for other reports, the limit is not working.

Cheers

photo

Hi Ollie,

I have just spend some time with this in my own install, I noticed that it hides the legend completely after hitting the limit rather than only displaying a certain number of items.

As it's not working for you, which version of yellowfin are you running? What chart type are you using, are you able to send me a screenshot of your legend settings and the chart itself please?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello,

I am running YF 9.0, and have tried multiple chart types (but want to use the Vertical Column).

Screenshots attached (some info is hidden).

Thanks

photo

Hi Ollie,

Apologies, I was away last week.

How many items do you have in the legend? I wonder if it's a bug that's caused by too many. If you create a report that has far less items, say ten in total in the legend, does the same problem persist?

If it still does not hide the legend, it might be a good idea for us to arrange a call so I can take a look at the problem. What's your availability?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

No problem. I have tested with a few charts with a number of different items in the legend and the problem still persists.

I am available any time Thursday this week, or early next week.

Cheers

photo

Hi Ollie,

Monday is fine. Where are you based, just so I can get the timezones correct. I'm available between 08:00 and 18:00 UTC(GMT). If that falls outside your normal hours I can ask one of the Australian guys to help you out.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Can we please do Wednesday around 2PM Sydney time?

Thanks

photo

Hi Ollie,

I believe I missed you due to the timezone differences, I'll ask one of the Australian team to get in contact asap.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
photo

Hi Ollie,

I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I have tested this and I can confirm that this does look like a bug in 9.2. I will raise this as a defect (if it has not already been flagged) and keep you posted via this ticket as it is investigated.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Ollie,

Just an update to say that this issue will be fixed as part of our 9.7 release due out in the next week or so. I will update you here once it is available.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Ollie,

Just letting you know 9.7 has officially been released and includes a fix for this issue, which you can download from our support center.

If you have any questions on this or run into any further issues please let us know and we will gladly assist.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file