Report Web Service Calls

Stelios Tsallas shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi

I would like to ask if there are any web service calls for the following things:

1) find out if there are any reports (open or draft) with exactly the same name - not necessarily description

2) update report name

3) update report content category/subcategory

Currently I am running some queries against YF database for the above things but I would like to change that if there is a safer way.

I have checked the Wiki but was unable to find something.

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hi Stelios,

Sorry for the delays on this, my previous comment was wiped, I think I had too many windows open.

Unfortunately what you're after is not possible via web services, the only way to update these items is to query the DB directly.

The plan is to make every action available via a web service, though it's going to be a slow process.

Sorry for the bad news on this!

However, there is possible something to combat point 1.

We have an option under Administration > Content Settings > Report Settings : Builder Settings 'Unique Report Names'.

This will stop people from creating reports with the same name.

879c2e83e330ae2428cc3f6cc638bb52

Regards,

David

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Stelios,

Sorry for the delays on this, my previous comment was wiped, I think I had too many windows open.

Unfortunately what you're after is not possible via web services, the only way to update these items is to query the DB directly.

The plan is to make every action available via a web service, though it's going to be a slow process.

Sorry for the bad news on this!

However, there is possible something to combat point 1.

We have an option under Administration > Content Settings > Report Settings : Builder Settings 'Unique Report Names'.

This will stop people from creating reports with the same name.

879c2e83e330ae2428cc3f6cc638bb52

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file