One Click Filters

Dean shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Users currently brush charts by selecting a data point and including / excluding results via a menu option. To improve the user experience, report consumers should be able to interact directly with the visualisation and cross-filter / highlight at either the visualisation, report or dashboard levels through a single click.

For example, if a user clicks on an x-axis data point in a bar chart, that selection automatically applies that categorical value as a filter to the dashboard. Deselecting would then return the dashboard back to its prior state.

This functionality could be switched on / off in the chart settings menu and / or an option added to exclude the visualisation from any filters applied by another chart.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Dean,

Thank you for raising this as an Idea, I have gone ahead and logged this as an Enhancement with our development team.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark!

photo

Hi Dean,

No problem.

Regards,

Mark

photo

I like to see this working, too - having a chart as a oneclick(!) filter/brushing for other reports, closing a gap to other BI-Tools.

Maybe there is a way to use the new API to implement this by javascript hooks/events?

Regards

Uwe

photo

Hi Uwe,

I hope all is well,

I have put forward your request for this via our ticket with the development team.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file