Add a separate Role Permission for Present

Misty Dennis shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello - can you please provide clarification on what permissions are required for a user to have "Present" permissions in v9? "Present" is not listed in the role permissions, so I've tried enabling storyboard and theme permissions, but those don't seem to enable the "Present" functionality.

Which permissions need to be enabled in order for a user to see "Present" as an option when they click the plus sign when logging in? And at what point will "Present" be listed in role management?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Misty,

Thanks for reaching out. What Browser are you attempting this from? No matter what I seem to do I can't seem to find a way to not have Present show up as an option. The lowest default permission that has create priviliges, Personal Content Writer & Collaborator, still shows this option. The one exception would be if using IE11, because in that case Present will not show up, as IE support has been deprecated in V9. We'll be adding a warning upon login that some options are deprecated in IE11. Please let me know if it is the case you're checking this on IE11. If not, I'll keep testing by A-Bing role permissions to see which one finally removes Present, if any, and I can also go ahead and submit an enhancement request to give Present its own permission.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike - I've tried this in both Chrome and Firefox. I'm logging in as a Consumer to verify what that particular role can see, and this is what I have (attached).

But I think what you are saying is that Consumers do not have the ability to do this? And in order to have Present show, we need to move this user to the Personal Content Writer & Collaborator role (at least) - is that correct?

photo

Hi Misty,

If you want to get your users the ability to create Present's as soon as possible, as in like right now, that would be the quickest way to do that. Since it doesn't show up from Consumer to Personal Content Writer & Collaborator though, there has to be a configuration responsible for this, so I'll keep digging on that and get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Misty,

I found it:

/73b6cc68825ac0e1718d4bc8f75fd142

In order to have the Present option, you need to toggle on C (for Create) for either Personal or Public Dashboard's:

/79cd354da6ef1f5c816fb0a12316cec8

Looking at our Wiki I can see why this may have been done:

/be485f5bea8099b2260e4b9f430c5ba0

Present is basically a Dashboard.

That said, I suppose we should be able to remove Present as an option from the menu. What I can do is convert this to an Idea item and submit an enhancement request for this. Would you like me to go ahead and do that?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Oh wow! I never would have guessed present and dashboard were essentially synonymous! I was thinking present and storyboards were the same thing, but I guess not. :)

I think it would be nice if the terminology matched throughout the application - it took me way too long to research what "present" actually meant, and in the end I couldn't figure it out without professional help - lol. So if the enhancement request could address that, it would be much appreciated.

photo

Hi Misty,

Yes, Present is replacing the function/intent of Storyboard's, but the Present feature itself is built on current Dashboard functionality. I can see how that would be a bit confusing, haha. I'm just going to change some wording in this task and convert it to an Idea. I've gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request and will post any potential updates regarding this here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Misty,

Our CTO said we should definitely do this. This is being targeted for 9.3 (the build after the one coming in a couple weeks). I'll let you know once this is 100% confirmed and that build is published.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file