Line Chart Labels

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this problem 4 years ago
Completed

Hi Guys,

I've created a line chart based on simple values, witch is the month and a metric integer value. When I turn on the labels, nothing seems to change on the chart canvas.

Is there anything left to configure so the numbers will appear?ae18e029c2232226cc30cf31bde400d2

75a1cea502ffeeb134481defec447069

Thanks in advance.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Renato,

Thanks for reaching out with this question.

It's a little bit confusing but the label function is actually used for each data point on the line within the line chart. See bellow for examples:

Labels disabled:

/yVB+cpgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Labels enabled:

I believe the functionality you are looking for would be under the "axis settings"

Please let me know if this information helps, or if I misunderstood your question.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

This is exactly the case. As you can see, when you enabled the labels, the values are appearing correctly. This behaviour is not happening on my line charts.

photo

Hi Jared,

I've discovered the reason why the labels aren't showing. There's a option on line chart called "Curved Lines", and when I enabled it, the labels disappear. Is there a reason for this behaviour?

photo
photo

Hello Renato,

I was able to replicate the behavior we are seeing here in multiple versions of Yellowfin. As such I have raised this behavior to our developers as it seems to me that this is not intended and in-fact defective behavior.

As of right now I am unsure as to why this behavior is happening but I will keep this post updated with new information as it becomes available to me.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

Any update on this one - same issue here.

Thanks,

Marc

photo

Hello Marc,

Unfortunately at this time I am unable to provide an ETA. i will keep this ticket updated with any progress made.

Thanks,

Jared

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file