Is it possible to remove salutation from email template

Bharath Kumar shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Is it possible to remove Salutation from email template? I changed its color to white and font size to 0, but in the outlook email preview, I still see the salutation.

Can you suggest some way from css files to hide salutation? I know an RFE is already in place, but one of our client really wants to hide the salutation and they cant wait for RFE.

YF - 8.0.4

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Bharath!

Could you show me a screenshot with the salutation in the your Outlook email preview? When I set the font size to 0 via the Email Template administrative console page, it no long appears for me. Are you able to confirm that's what you have also done?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks for your response Chris, Attached screenshot of outook preview. It looks formatting does not apply to outlook preview.

Is there any other way to remove salutation from the email template.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath!

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. So I've gone ahead and logged it as a request for enhancement!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for response. So is there no way to even remove salutation from css files?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hello Chris,

Are you able to find any way to remove the salutation from email template?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath!

It's not possible currently, unfortunately. After some testing it does seem to be hard coded in to the application. However the enhancement request has been logged for this feature.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Hope you are well.

Is there any movement on this enhancement?

Kind regards,

Mikayla

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I'm doing well, thank you! I hope you are, too.

I've just followed this up with the development team.

I'll let you know as soon as I have some feedback.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I have some news for you. It would appear that the developer team have decided to incorporate this other enhancement to a near-future version of Yellowfin, which you also requested:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/important-enhancement-requirement-advanced-e-mail-templating

That should allow you to completely customise the email template with your own HTML and therefore make the ability to just remove the salutation a bit redundant. I'd say that sounds like a better and more holistic solution to this request; what do you think?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Mikayla,

I'm going to move this back to Idea logged while wait for the implementation.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file