Advanced Function Accumulative total. Is there a way to reset the total?

Steve Kay shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Advanced Function Accumulative total. Is there a way to reset the total when the value in another column changes? similar to the partition by in a windowed function:

sum(value) over (partition by other_column order by timevalue)

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question. I do not believe this is possible currently without including your own Custom Function, but I can look to raise this as an idea for you. Can you please provide me with a more specific example of what you are trying to achieve so that I can tailor the idea I log to ensure it fits your outcome if it does become a feature in future.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Steve,

Hope you are well, just wanted to touch base to see if I could get a more detailed explanation for what you are looking for so that I can raise it as an idea for future builds?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Steve,

Hope your week has started okay. Can you please provide me with a bit more information or a demonstration of the sort of feature you are looking for so I can look to log this idea?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Steve,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file