How to make the first filter apply on the list of values in the next filter?

Angeliki Koupa shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I would appreciate your help with this problem :

When having multiple filters in yellowfin : Applying one filter does not affect the other filters.

For example :

Filter 1 : list of companies

Filter 2 : list of employees

Applying filter 1 doesn't not affect filter 2 so the employees of other companies are still visible.

I have tried the following but it didn't work :

Created a concatenated field : Company + Employee but this doesn't work because the list is not searchable as a filter

Couple you please help me with this ?

Thanks,

Angie

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Angie,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this one. Yellowfin allows for the use of Dependent Filters when using cached filters. To acheive what you are looking for here, which I take to be a filter that specifies the Company, and then that shows an abbreviated list of Employees that only belong to that Company, the following guide on our wiki should help you with the setup of the Dependent Filter.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Cached+Dependent+Filters

Please let me know how you go with those instructions, and if you run into any trouble don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

I appreciate your quick response to this question.

As I have a dashboard with many reports using the same filters, will this still work in the dashboard view?

I am asking so that I do not make this update to 20+ reports unecessarily.

Thank you,

Angie

photo

Hi Neal,

Just to mention that it did work and it works perfectly for the dashboard, even if only 1 report is changed.

In case anyone has the same question

photo

Hi Angie,

Apologies for my delayed response. I am glad you were able to get the outcome you were looking for and that you for posting your findings for the wider community. I will mark this as complete, but please let me know if you need any further help on this.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file