Dynamically select date filter offset

Michal shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

We would like the ability to run a report on the last N days - for example - run the reports for the orders which apply in the last 5 days.

but, we like the days to be dynamically and defined in the user prompt.

how can we do it?

i found the option to calculate for each date the daydiff from today.

do we have any option to filter on this filed? if not, is there a different solution?

Thank you,

Michal

/03135039485a3f01a27b9857e99336e8

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Michal,

Thanks for reaching out. This is indeed possible. What you'll want to do is:

1. Drag your Date filter in twice.

2. Click Advanced Settings under the Filters section

3. Configure the filters like so:

/5ae6e116f7e3728c1c0c9b077a5faff4

Leaving first date field as User Prompt and setting operator as 'Less than or equal to', then configuring second fields' operator as 'Link to Filter'

4. Configure 'Link to Filter' options:

/7ca5362fc36647cc4fc0e74dc6db3257

Here's an example where you can see the 3 results from 5 days in our Tutorial Data and that the SQL query is correct:

/3a1d58019beeed0ddde046d0904973f6

I dynamically chose the date you see in the date picker and it's returning values from 26/10 through 31/10.

Please let me know how goes and if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer, but we would like that the offset will be dynamic.

we would like that the user will be able to choose the offset in the main report - "User prompt".

is it possible?

Thank you,

Michal

photo

Hi Michal,

Ah, I thought you meant dynamically choosing the date via User Prompt filtering for a configured offset, I didn't realize you were looking for the Offset value itself to be dynamic. This is not possible. I do think it a pretty cool idea though and would be happy to submit an Idea ticket on your behalf and submit an enhancement request to the dev team for further consideration. Would you like me to go ahead and do that?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Yes, i will love to.

Thank you,

Michal

photo

Hi Michal,

For those coming across this Idea item, to put this most succinctly, the idea is to be able to configure the Dynamic Date dynamically:

/2cb3358b0e08eaea56703574ceff945f

As of now this has to be hardcoded in the Filters' Advanced Settings section.

I've gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request for this. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file