Impossible to change thousand separator to space

Marc Daverat shared this problem 3 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

This bug is relate toall versions I have tested since 7.4.

It is impossible to change thousand separator to space, either using the configuraration menu or updating Yellowfin configuration database directly.

Most of non-English countries use space as seprator, no dot r comma.

Any workaround to do it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Best Answer
photo

Hi Marc,

This ticket already exists here. You can track through that and also share your interest for this option within YF.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Marc,

I hope all is well,

I believe this has been discussed here, going forward I can push for this to b looked at again.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I’m well thank you. Hope it is the same for you and your family.

I had a look to this topic already, and noticed that there has been no change. This is why I chased again.

If there is a possible workaround, it would be great. And yes push it as it is as far as I can imagine not complicated but has big business impact.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Marc

photo

Hi Marc,

All is well with myself and my family, I hope the same for you as well...

Going forward with this I also found a more recent request for a similar idea here. Within this you can see client has requested options for per language system. I have added internal notes to this ticket and made our development team aware that you are very much interested in this option.

I have also made Richard Convery aware of this. I hope this helps and I hope we can get things moving on this for you. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Yes we are all well here, thanks.

I had a look to the proposal of your client and it makes sense to move in this direction. Also we could have a standard definition using configuration menu, we could have something overwriting the defaults at profile level in the regional settings options, letting the user choose the defaults he is comfortable with ?

Kind regards and stay safe,

Marc

photo

Hi Marc,

Yes that would be the ideal scenario when it comes to options around thousand separator... I' sure our brilliant development team could look at these options and hopefully (fingers crossed) develop something like this for future release.

Going forward I will mark this as Resolved, however I ask that you share your below comments within the idea ticket here, this will allow you to track the status of this ticket with updates... I will also update you as well.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Marc,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this Problem as Resolved due to an on going idea ticket here. All future dealings with this topic can be discussed via that.

I hope this is ok and have a great week.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark. Did you create the idea ticket or do I create it ?

Take care,

Marc

Marc Daverat

photo

Hi Marc,

This ticket already exists here. You can track through that and also share your interest for this option within YF.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Marc,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this Problem as Resolved as we have this covered through the link provided in my previous comments.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file