Client Organisations - Can't Create Reports

Lawrence Brown shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have been trying to implement the Client Organisation facility in the Admin Console.

I had set it up for various clients and created an data source and view for a particular client.

However when I save and activate the view I don't have an options to create a report, I believe it must be a setup/security issue but can't find out what the issue is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Lawrence,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see this seems to be a user permission; role based issue so going forward we need to check what this specific user has available to himself/herself. We can find this within the following path:

Administration > Admin Console > Roles > SELECT USER

Within this we have a number of options, we want to pin point to the following option Report Builder, as within this section we have the option to tick the box on the "C" for Public Reports.

With this I also want to point you in the link below as this might assist further:

http://community.yellowfin.bi/topic/new-install-doesnt-have-create-report-functionality

If you can go through this information provided then get back to me asap I would appreciate this greatly as I would love to get this resolved for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response Mark much appreciated.

I've managed to get it working, the problem was that I hadn't created a 'Content Sub-Folder', once I did this I was able to create reports. All good now, thanks.

photo

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am pleased all is well and working for you, with this I will now go ahead and mark this case as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file