Verify patch version of binaries

Daniel Marrujo shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello team, do you know if there is a way to verify what is the version of the installation binaries?, I know we can check the version with info.jsp or going to the admin console, however this information comes from the database (please correct me if I'm wrong).

We are on an scenario where the look and feel of the UI its kind of different (couple of changes on the close and help button), we did a db refresh from Prod db and the application is working fine. My theory here is that the lower environment do not have any of the patches installed as in Prod.

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Daniel,

You should be able to find out the version without checking info.jsp by going to the path Yellowfin\appserver\logs and then opening the yellowfin-stdout log. The release version should be under the line i4 Startup.

Let me know if you need assistance with upgrades.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks for your response, just help me to confirm, isn't this info read from the database? if yes, how do we identify the version of the binaries vs the version of the database?

We want to identify the patch level of the Binaries as the database was refreshed from prod.

Regards,

Daniel Marrujo

photo

Hi Daniel,

Although the info on the info.jsp page comes from different places, inc. the database, tomcat and the config files, version numbers do indeed come from the database.

However, you can check for a mismatch between the binary and database (schema) by looking at the following lines on info.jsp:

Current Schema Version:20200221
Original Code Version:20200221
Current Code Version:20200221

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need some further assistance.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Schema version is empty on our case, I suppose this is the info of the binaries..., do you know from where in the binaries this info is populated?

Thanks,

Daniel Marrujo

photo

Hi Daniel,

Schema version actually comes from the database!

You can use the statement below to find it:

SELECT * FROM configuration where ConfigTypeCode = 'BUILD';
Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks for your response, so any of this 3 parameters are from the binaries right? as far as I hear from this conversation there is no easy way to review binaries build, please correct me if I'm wrong.

photo

Hi Daniel,

If I understand you correctly, the binaries build is displayed in the info.jsp, under Current Code Version.

Current Code Version:20200221

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Daniel,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Please Close thanks for your assitance

Leave a Comment

Attach a file