Action button

Keith Wheldon shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Will there be or is there a way, for the Action Button to be pointed at a specific tab? instead of next tab or previous tab.

Also, is there a way for the action button when linked to a report, open the report in a window and not on the tab. so you can still see the data behind on the dashboard?

Best Answer
photo

HI Ketih,

I come with more detailed information from your questions;

"Will there be or is there a way, for the Action Button to be pointed at a specific tab? instead of next tab or previous tab."

I have been speaking to our development team and they have informed me this has been planned for our upcoming release of 9.2, however no official date has been set for this yet.

"Also, is there a way for the action button when linked to a report, open the report in a window and not on the tab. so you can still see the data behind on the dashboard?"

Almost like a popup? this sounds like a great idea and something that could be considered for an idea, although as stated in my previous comments, this should be achievable through Code Mode.

Regards,

Mark

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Keith,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately the Action tab only offers the following from a UI point of view:

bac4e0b6ee23987532cd73cd644146de

More information can be found here.

However going forward this can be achieved through Code Mode and JavaScript, more information on getting this setup can be found here. Going forward with this I would also like to point you in this direction, this gives you a briefing on our Dashboard Code Mode options.

Regards,

Mark

photo

HI Ketih,

I come with more detailed information from your questions;

"Will there be or is there a way, for the Action Button to be pointed at a specific tab? instead of next tab or previous tab."

I have been speaking to our development team and they have informed me this has been planned for our upcoming release of 9.2, however no official date has been set for this yet.

"Also, is there a way for the action button when linked to a report, open the report in a window and not on the tab. so you can still see the data behind on the dashboard?"

Almost like a popup? this sounds like a great idea and something that could be considered for an idea, although as stated in my previous comments, this should be achievable through Code Mode.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Mark,

Thats good news. and yes like a pop up for the report.. so you can choose to see the report on another tab, full screen or as a pop up window.

I know that this could be done via code mode.... don't suppose you know the code to do that :)

Many thanks

Keith

photo

Hi Keith,

Sorry Keith, my knowledge of code is not the best :( this is something that i'm currently in the process of getting familiar with :)

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Keith,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to question whether or not we are good to go ahead and mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Yes we can close this ticket.

Thank you

Leave a Comment

Attach a file