how to check when and who changed the user

Sameer Patil shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

We want to create a report where we want to fetch data about who changed the user in smart reporting and when.

I tried using Person,IpContact and IpClass tables but could not find anything.

Replies (5)

photo

Hey Sameer,

I hope you are keeping well!

You should be able to use the Event table to find out this information -

Please see my example here-

6e817dfe25aff3d0a57139cc85311227

0a84d5b7ba8605a33623716622b08cee

As you can see from my first screenshot, the system administrator user has edited both 'Lesley test' user and also their own account on todays date using the event column and eventdate column.

• ipsource = the user who edited the profile
  • referenceid = the users profile which was edited

I have also included the IDs for the users in the person table to showcase this.

Let me know if this has helped or not :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thank you for the information.

Just wanted to check if it is possible to know what has changed, what was the previous value etc?

E.g. if email ID for the user has changed then will it be possible to fetch that in report?

I have tried using EventData but that doesn't show exact thing which was changed.

Regards,

Sameer

photo

Hey Sameer,

I hope you are well!

What kind of information are you trying to find that has been updated?

I have found in the ipclass table that you can find out that the email address has been changed and what it was changed from, as it shows both emails and the end date of the previous email for that user. If you compare this with the event table.

5a775f195fa70b296d2ada75c4b5848a

You can also find out what the job title and user description has been changed to from the personconfiguration table, although this does not tell us what the job title or description was previously.

d6d958ce0a07ad57dd19f4ee6d244e34

Let me know if this helps in anyway or not!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Sameer,

I hope you are keeping well!

Just wanted to check in to see if the information in my previous response helped at all? Did you find the required information from the DB tables?

Let me know :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hey Sameer,

I hope you have been keep well!

I just wanted to let you know, I will be marking this ticket as closed due to inactivity, however, if you do require further assistance, please let me know! I will be happy to help :)

Though, I do hope my previous response helped!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file