View table conditions dropping values

Brendan Codrington shared this problem 3 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi,

I have a view that has conditions on four tables that loses the condition setting, eg replacing '0' with 'null'. Some details:

• This occurs in one view without editing, but the exact same condition in another view is unaffected.
  • The active view will have the null condition eg "abc"."edf" = null, but when I clone the view to fix the SQL it automatically fixes it and reverts to "abc"."edf" = 0.

Is this a database connection problem, something (somehow) to do with view config, or a bug?

Thanks,

Brendan

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Brendan,

Have you been using any reports that used advanced sub-queries? Let me look in to this for you and come back to you after some investigation.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris, it is used in some advanced sub-queries, last report modifications doing this were 14 and 17 Apr - there may be a correlation? I'll do some testing at my end as well to check if editing these triggers this issue by any chance.

Thanks,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

This is a known issue that's been around for a while but is difficult to replicate. Could you send me the details from your info.jsp please? You can find this by browsing to [yourYellowFinURL]/info.jsp.

Did you have any luck editing the sub-queries to see if that makes any difference?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I tried a few different edits on the sub-queries to see if i could trigger the issue again but no luck.

Here are the details from info.jsp:

Application Version:7.4.12
java.version:1.8.0_111
os.name:Windows NT (unknown)
os.arch:amd64
os.version:10.0

Did you need any other details to that (the whole page)?

Kind regards,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for that information. Yeah, this is a bit of a weird and old bug that's proving hard to fix because it's seemingly random. After restarting Yellowfin, are you able to get it to reliably reoccur? I'll attach this ticket to the Jira task for tracking.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Thanks Chris. I haven't seen it occur again so yet to see anything else that can point to a possible cause. I'll keep monitoring certain reports as it will be pretty obvious when/if this occurs again by virtue of not returning any results when there should be some.

Kind regards,

Brendan

photo

Hi there,

This was fixed in 9.2.2 and 8.0.7. I'll mark this as defect fixed.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file