box-and-whiskers chart mean value presentation

Guest shared this idea 3 years ago
Idea Logged

Hello,

In a box-and-whiskers chart I choose to include the mean value as per option in the chartoptions. The big circle in the image below shows the mean.

/1b2bb298940323f414b90d03ad28b208

Besides the fact that it is almost impossible to determine the correct value of the mean it is just way to big. I can remove it and get the value from the hoover but the client wants the mean to be shown in the image.

It would be great if a sensible default presentation is included in the box-and-whiskers chart or that you can configure the size and type of presentation for the mean.

Regards,

JeRoen

Replies (4)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for contacting Yellowfin! I'll look into getting this submitted as an idea and update you with a Jira ticket to track its progress.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Thanks for submitting your idea! It does seem that the size of the box and whisker entities on the chart are set automatically based on the number of rows in the vertical axis. I've logged this with the dev team as an Enhancement.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hello Chris,

Thanks for logging it. The size of the box and whisker do not bother so much. The above image is much blown up by the forum editor. But independend of that the size of the mean circle is way to big.

Maybe even another line with a different color might be better then the big circle.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Noted! I'll make sure that's clear on the enhancement request.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file