Can we change column name for Row/Column totals in Report?

Chandana K shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

HI Team,

I want to calculate Average on Row and I want to display the calculated column as Average.

Is there any way to do so? Please find the attached image for detail understanding.

Looking forward for you reply.

Thanks in Advance

Chandana

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Chandana,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. This is certainly a possibility in Yellowfin. If you follow the steps the following steps in my example, I think you'll be able to accomplish this.

In my example, I dragged a Metric called Invoiced Amount into my Rows, along with a Dimension called Athlete Region, and put a Dimension called Month into my Columns section. Next I clicked the arrow next to Invoiced Amount and went 'Aggregation' > 'Average':

4d87191fda057969e6e0e5a8dfed118d

Next, I clicked the arrow next to Athlete Region and clicked on 'Row Totals', which adds a Totals column that shows the Average of the values on the corresponding row:

7fb8d59345f056a3f5613633da6b83a5

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

HI Mike,

Thanks for the Reply.

I followed the steps and until calculating Average of the column it is working fine. My requirement is to display the column name as Average instead of Total.

Thanks

Chandana K

photo

Hi Chandana,

Currently, there is no simple way to change the Row Totals from displaying as "Total" in the column. There is an existing enhancement request to allow the header to be customizable. Would you like me to add you to the client list in favor of this enhancement?

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Chandana,

I'm just going through some of my older cases. I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you'd like to be added to the client list for the existing enhancement request, the ticket will re-open and I'll go ahead and add you to the client list!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Currently, one of our client is also stuck at the same point. Is it possible to rename the column 'Total' name in the latest 8.0 release ?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for reaching out. This is still not in a release. I've gone ahead and added you to the client list in our internal task of those who'd like to see this enhancement implemented in a future release though. Please follow the existing Idea ticket here for any potential future updates. You may also want to throw in a vote there as well.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file