dashboard menu

Guest shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Using 9.1 release.

When I hover over dashboard on my screen the dashboard menu is default shown. I would guess the open dropdown arrow on the right of the dashboard name is to open the menu. It should not open on default.

/4661f3cda20ecb3927428887f7009689

As a admin user I have even more options and only hovering is blocking the content of the dashboard.

Regards,

JeRoen

Replies (4)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I hope all is well,

I have looked at this myself and I believe this is expected behaviour, and the downward arrow is informing you that there is additional content of which hovering over this by default it shows the full set of content available.

Because of this are you asking that when you hover over a dashboard tab it does not automatically show you the additional content? With this you would then want the option to select the downward arrow yourself to view the additional content?

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mark,

I indeed want that the menu is shown when you hit the downward arrow. Like it was in YellowFin 8.0.4. I do not understand why this was changed. IMHO it is a change for the worse ...

Everywhere else in YellowFin 9.1 this is not how it works. When I go to Administration > Admin Config for example all options show the downward arrow but are not opened by default. When you click on it the content (menu or not) is shown. Otherwise it would be a very busy screen. When I go to users the downward arrow is there but only when you click on it you see the menu.

IMO this should be changed back or at lease made an option but moving the mouse around your screen is opening and closing menu's is very distracting and not adding to a clean UI.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I can totally see how this would make sense, I for one think this is a good idea of which I will put forward now. I will update you as soon as I have put this forward.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I have gone ahead and logged this here.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file