SAML Bridge

Charles Morris shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Does the SAML Bridge plugin allow users to be assigned to 'User Groups' as well as the normal 'Roles'?

We are attempting integration with ADFS.

Thank you

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Charles,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Our SAML Bridge Plugin is an example of a developed method to create a SAML bridge and "Some development and styling skills may be required to tailor this example to suit your needs." You can likely develop this to do as you mention.

I would like to point out, however, that using this plugin wouldn't be necessary if you're connecting to Active Directory, as we natively support LDAP Authentication in Yellowfin. This natively supported method allows you to assign default 'Roles' to users, determine which users and groups will be allowed authentication into Yellowfin, and also allows you to pull in 'User Groups' created from LDAP Groups within Yellowfin. If you plan on authenticating against AD, I highly recommend using our native support as opposed to a SAML Bridge.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hello Charles,

I wanted to touch base and see if you had any further questions on this subject.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your response. We have looked at LDAP in the past, but our clients generally prefer to use SAML over LDAP for Internet based services.

We will continue testing the SAML Bridge and see how it works out.

Thanks very much

Regards,

Charles

photo

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead and mark this as answered, however if feel free to reply here if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file