What expected time will take to upgrade db only.

Vishal Lahane shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I wanted to know, I have a database with the size 357 GB, how much time it will take to upgrade.

From BuildDate: 20130704 ---> to --> BuildDate: 20190221

Thanks,Vishal

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we are unable to give you a direct answer on this as part of the time is dependent on the environment. While that database size is quite large, it is most likely made up of events, documents and cache which is generally untouched by the upgrade process, so it should take too much longer than a normal database upgrade.

Can you please confirm those BuildDates you have listed as I am unaware of a 20130704 build, so if this is correct then the upgrade process may be much more involved or may not be possible. Please check that date and let me know and we can look at this together.

One other piece I'd like to bring up is that being so large of a database, it would be worth identifying why this is and if there is a need for this? This article will help you see what is taking up that space and you can then work with your client to take steps to reduce this if possible.

Again, please confirm the dates listed above for me so we can work through this process.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

Base version: 20130704 (7.1)

Upgrade version: 20190221

I tried to upgrade and it worked but it took near about 4 - 5 hrs to complete.

Let me know if you need log, I will share with you if required.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for the update. If the upgrade has completed successfully then there is no need for the logs, but I would highly recommend you take a look at the article I sent through to help the client identify what is taking up that amount of space so that they can better manage this going forward.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file