allow NULL as input for Stored Procedure parameter

Alan Jiang shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Support,

NULL param is unable to pass in to a proc. Hope in next version it can do so. Stmt like this is more often:

WHERE (kClass = @kClass or @kClass is null)

Cheers,

Alan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Alan,

I see what you mean! I have tried this out and I agree with you that a NULL value can't be passed into the stored procedure view.

I have raised an enhancement request based on this Idea and will let you know whether it gets accepted by the product team when they get around to reviewing it.

regards,

David

photo

Is there any updates on this?

photo

Hey Zack,

I have checked the internal development task on this and, unfortunately, there hasn't really been any movement on it. However, I have now added your company name as a client that would also like this and made a note to the devs asking if this has any plans for future releases. I will let you know once I have a response on this - I hope that is ok :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

I see you were going to respond back to Zack on this, so wasn't sure if this was ever closed out. Has there been any progress with this?

photo

Hey Craig,

I hope you are well :)

Unfortunately, I never received a response from the team on this, so it fell of my radar - I have added your company name to the list of clients who would be interested in this. The more clients we have on the list, the better chance it has of making it into a future release!

And I will chase up on my previous note in the task.

I will update here once I have a response - I hope this is ok :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file