Access to a report's content (Code-mode)

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys, I would like to access to the data of a report via JavaScript.

I have a report (ss1). I can see its properties in the HTML section. (ss2) I want to be able to access the data of this report in the JavaScript (with Queryselector?) part to further process the data.

How can I do that?

Regards

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for reaching out. You can get report data from our internal JS API instead. Unfortunately though, the documentation for the JS API as it relates specifically to code mode is not yet published, allthough it should be coming soon. The JS API has been entirely re-written (the pre-existing JS API documentation in our Wiki relates to integration, not code mode, in case you come across it).

I believe one of our consultants has a recent JS API example that he may be able to pass on, so let me see what he comes back with to see if I can provide any further details regarding this. I should probably also note that while he hasn't tested querySelector() specifically, everything else he mentioned everything he's tried has worked in Code Mode thus far, so it may be worth double-checking the syntax and also checking the logs to see if any errors are being generated there. If so, if you could provide that log output that should be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, if you can share the new JS API documentation, that would be great!

I have not seen obvious errors while my trials but there might be issues in the logs. I uploaded my logs to YF ftp server. File name is logs_vefa_11-03-2020.

photo

Hi Vefa,

I can definitely let you know once that's available - that may be a few weeks away, however.

In terms of the logs, there's a decent amount of activity in them. It would be helpful if you can re-attempt the JS query you're trying to run, take note of the timestamp that occurred, then subsequently provide an updated copy of your logs along with corresponding timestamp so we can accurately correlate entries in the logs to the actual user actions.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Vefa,

Just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike thanks, I was able to reach a reports content using some tricks from Brett's documentation.

My problem is solved.

It would still be great if you can share JS API documentation once it is ready.

Thanks

photo

Hi Vefa,

That’s good to hear! The release of the documentation should coincide with the official release of version 9. I’ve gone ahead and made a note for myself to send you a link to this when this is ready, but since the issue this ticket was tracking is now resolved, I’ll go ahead and close out this ticket.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Do you have an update on this?

BR Hidde

photo

Hi Hidde,

I'm reaching out to the dev responsible to see where we are with this. It looks like some of this has been written, I just have to confirm it's ready to be passed along. The dev team is actually out until Tuesday due to national holiday's, so I hope to get back to you then.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

any updates?

photo

Hi Hidde,

Sorry, still awaiting confirmation. I've requested an update.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Hidde/Vifa,

Unfortunately, I needed dev confirmation to pass along and didn't get it. The good news is the official documentation is coming next week (Tuesday) when 9.2 is published. I will let you know when that is published and link you to the API documentation.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi all,

We have some documentation still forthcoming, but the dev team is going over it to remove some functions that are not currently intended for use. This may take another couple weeks. I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi,

Good day! The documentation is here. Please reference our What's New? in 9.2 Wiki entry. The links to the API documentation are found under the Main Enhancements header. Please let me know if you need anything else here or if we're okay to close this out for now.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Vefa,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since the documentation is finally now available, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks for the follow up Mike, you can close the ticket.

photo

Hi Vefa,

Great! Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file