Group by Date

Zack Wilson shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Is it possible to get the data to group by the format of the date rather than list duplicate values (i.e. moving from date_id to month)?

/52579572a5b52f536f2261b716ab4118 >> /a0c71ca578aa95fb614e336caabf6883

Let me add... Is there an easier way than adding a "month-date" to the view...

Replies (3)

photo

Let me add... Is there an easier way than adding a "month-date" to the view...

photo

That is a nice work-around... But, anytime someone wants to group by a certain aspect of a date, I have to add it. I have tried Joining a "calendar" table (with varies formatted date values). Either way, they are not recognized as dates so it will not allow the Date Slider or the Unit Selection. The only way I see to do this is to actually have a date in the field. This is why I was wanting it to be a function of formatting the date. To expand, I am trying to get the function of a Date Slider and Unit Selection in the chart, with the compact data of the formatted date in the table.

photo

That would work. I have done that on other reports/dashboards... It is not optimal as a dashboard (at least on v.8) is not as visually cohesive for a "simple" report. Thank you for looking into this. I tried to use drill down, but it doesn't work with the slider (I was trying to troubleshoot for another report writer). Thank you for the ideas. I believe this will help for the time being to get the information he needs.

"In Yellowfin 8, it seems that you are unable to link Co-Displayed reports on the Date Slider..." - is this available in v.9?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file