How to hide the base column, when used to create a calculated column

saurav shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a order_number column in my data set. I want to create a calculated column using the order_number column eg . # of orders --> count(order_number) and then i don't want the order_number column exposed while creating reports.

Thanks,

Saurav

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Surav,

There are a couple options that you can do here.

1. Restrict access to the original column by user:

f0d4dbbe1674574ce371f0288894a39c

2. Create your calculated field using freehand SQL. You will not even need to have the original column in the view with this approach, as the values are queried straight from the database.

Please let me know if either of these work for you.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan for responding.

My requirement is count(order_number) but in freehand SQL builder aggregate functions are not allowed.

And even if I set the access level, it is still displaying in the left hand panel.

Thanks,

Saurav

photo

Hi Saurav,

With you limit the access to a column, that column should not appear in the report builder. In the example below I have created a second column `Trend No (Sum)` from the original field Trend No. I then set the original `Trend No` to restricted and added no users to have access (any users you ahve here will be able to see the column). In the report builder you can see that this column is no longer available.

f60be45ef6c337e916fa3baab04c6e54

441058c9c7b8dc9ea1523036f034b3db

Can you please provide screenshots of how you have set this up?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Surav,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if you are still running into problems, or if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file