Broadcast report with a unique file name

Peter Ruth shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

I have a client with a report that has several broadcasts. The report broadcasts differ using the 'saved filter values' and are then distributed accordingly.

The email subject can contain the specific detail about an aircraft registration (e.g. Monthly Flight Hours for VH-123). However, each of the broadcasts have the attached report with the same name (e.g. Monthly Flight Hours.pdf) and once saved somewhere you can only identify the contents by opening it.

The client would like to include the registration in the filename much the same as you can append the broadcast date. Alternatively can we have a field where they can nominate the file name for that broadcast?

Perhaps if there is no way to do this currently we can change the question to an idea?

Regards,

Peter

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Peter,

I have changed this to an idea as it cannot be currently done. I will raise this shortly with the DEV team and attach the DEV ticket id to this.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul

photo
photo

Hi Paul,

Any progress on this idea. Currently we have created many copies of same report with appending name alone. If this feature is available, it will avoid the pain on updating/modifying report one time instead of replicating the same changes in multiple copies.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

This item is still waiting review from our developers, so there are currently no immediate plans to implement this feature.This doesn't mean the item has been closed forever, just not on our current road map.

If anything changes I'll let you know. Though of course if there was anything else you were after in the meantime, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file