Add Autofill Option to User Prompt Filters

Amir Shaikh shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Experts,

Would like to know if the below queries can be considered as an enhancement in future release:

1. When I manually start to type a word in a filter field in predefined report I would like to get automatic suggestions (e.g. I type 'ab' and I would expect suggestions ilke 'ab', 'abc', 'abcd' in a list below). Is there option like that?

2. I have built predefined report which is published for other users. </br>It has 2 predefined filters with type 'Contains', but it's not satisfying. </br>What I would like to achieve is to give possibility to user to choose by himself filter type (equal, like, contains etc). Is there such possibility?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Amir,

Thanks for reaching out with your ideas and suggestions. Let me address each one-by-one - these will require separate Idea tickets.

1. The operand type's available to users will depend on the format of the field itself, but the option is there (the three dots next to the field name in filter list):

/e79276fa3bd00b917a1bb4a6ca64fd99

2. I definitely see the viability and usefulness of this one. We can change this ticket to an Idea item to track this one after clarifying #3.

3. I'm not quite sure how functionally this would be any different from having the corresponding field in a filter list to the left of the report - this would merely be another mechanism to add the filtered result to the WHERE clause. Can you possibly expand on why this would be particularly useful and why the existing functionality wouldn't suffice instead?

4. There is a pre-existing Idea ticket for this, which you can reference here. I've gone ahead and added you to the client list in our internal task of those interested in seeing this implemented.

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello,

above requests were raised on my/my organization behalf.

1. Can you tell me which formats exactly allow to do that? For now I can only see this possibility in edit mode of the report. When I just open the report I don't have the 3 dots available. Maybe I should change some parameter in order to be able to use this functionality?

2. Thank you

3. a) it is just easier and more natural for the read only user b) it seems modern solutions just should have it c) report creator has to add each field separately and set all of the options for each field because read only user can't do that by himself. So every other request for new filter engage the report creator.

4. Thank you

photo

Hi Monika,

1. Sorry, yes. You can only change the operand when editing the report. I believe the thought is that it could be confusing if several users are using the same report and one user changes the operand from say Equal to Not Equal - the next user may not be aware of this change and will see undesired results. Plus, at that point you're looking at a fundamentally different report and there's always the option to create another report with different filtering options/operands.

2. I've gone ahead and submitted an enhancement request for this and am setting this ticket to Idea Logged to track this. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

3. I've created a separate Idea item for this under your name, which you can reference here for potential future updates.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi,

2. Thank you for submitting the request.

Is there any chance to get this in some future release?

photo

Hi Monika,

This is Eric filling in for Mike as he is away this week.

We'll continue to provide updates on this developer task via this community Idea thread. Feel welcome to "like" the idea for increased visibility, and "subscribe" to receive updates via email.

Thanks, Eric

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file