UNKNOWN FIELD in Calculated field

Peter Wiese shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

My customer experience several times, that a field in "calculated field" is turning into "UNKNOWN FIELD" instead of the actual field name.

When i switch to freehand sql, i can see the actual field name - but then the operator changes from "<=" to "="

Wierd !

Is there a solution to this ?

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out. I've seen this behavior before and it typically relates to fields being marked DISCONNECTED by YF in the configuration database. This may happen if Yellowfin disconnects from the database while editing / cloning a view or when editing a report. You can read more about this issue here.

Please read through the above-linked article then follow the steps to set the affected fields back to 'OPEN' (or maybe even set all 'DISCONNECTED' fields to 'OPEN' as it's unlikely you actually want any of your fields to be disconnected), then head back into your Calculated View editor and let me know if the calculation then shows the actual field name.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for this. We will try this during this week (hopefully) and i will come back to you,

photo

Hi Peter,

Sounds good. Thanks for your response. If I don't hear back from I'll check back in early next week.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I tried the query..

The statuscode does not say "DISCONNECTED"..

I only have "UNATAHCED" see below:

70038DW_BeboerDW_BeboerOPEN31

70038DW_BeboerV_D_BEBOERUNATTACHED2

70038DW_BeboerV_D_KALENDERUNATTACHED4

70038DW_BeboerV_D_ORGANISATION_TILKNYTNINGUNATTACHED1

70038DW_BeboerV_D_ORGANISATION_VIRKUNATTACHED1

70038DW_BeboerV_D_SAGSTYPEUNATTACHED1

70038DW_BeboerV_D_SAMARBEJDSPARTNERUNATTACHED1

70038DW_BeboerV_D_ÅRSAGUNATTACHED1

70038DW_BeboerV_F_BEBOERUNATTACHED2

What can i do then?

Regards Peter,

photo

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. Having Unattached fields is not an issue - these are typically fields that are tied to child elements in Views, locked Views, Virtual Tables, etc... a bunch of things could cause Unattached fields, and it's oft-intended and rarely problematic.

Since this didn't help though, I have a few follow-up questions. Did this issue just start occurring (possibly recent upgrade or environmental change), or has it just possibly gone unnoticed?

Can you confirm the field name for what UNKNOWN FIELD is supposed to be then go into edit your View and confirm it appears there in the Model stage of the View as intended.

Also, if you click on the UNKNOWN FIELD from the Calculated Field builder and try to put the appropriate field back in there, does it still show up as UNKNOWN FIELD, or does it change to the correct field name?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Peter,

I’m going to go ahead and close this out since I haven’t heard back from you, but if you have any further questions or concerns on this, if you reach back out, the ticket will reopen and I’ll be happy to assist further.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file