More Conditional formatting on charts, reports, and dashboards based on filter choice

Zack Wilson shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

I continually am looking for ways to display specific data, widgets, and charts based on filter choices. It would be nice if there was a way to do conditional statements based on the filter choice(s), the qty of choices, and the formation of specific conditions.

For example:

For 1 specific filter and displaying text

- If the user chooses "ALL", show "All selected", if qty is more than ##, then "Too Many items Selected to list"... and subsequently, if qty < ##, display values.

This could be even more dynamic if you include displaying different charts or widgets based on filter choices....

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for reaching out with your Idea. I've gone ahead and submitted an Enhancement Request for this.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

I also ran into a situation where I needed to use more than one value field on conditional formatting a widget. I needed to have another metric determine the widget appearance. I tried to just create an identical widget and use the other metric (seems like an unnecessary workaround).

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for the additional info. I've added this feedback to the task as well.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Zack,

Greetings for the day! I hope you are doing well.

This is to keep you informed that the Jira case has been marked as won’t do by the product team, which means that it is not feasible to take up the requirement/suggestion now as enhancement due to various reasons. If you would like to reopen this case and want the ticket to be revisited, we request that you can always go ahead and reopen the case. For now, we are marking it as completed for the time being.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,

Ankit Asati

Leave a Comment

Attach a file