information

DEVI DAYAl shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

hello, i am working on yellowfin BI project and i have question

For example, in my report i have 4 columns(Months, country_name, Amount and profit) in data section selected only months and amount colums and drag into appropriate section and i made chart(of months and amount) in charts and i again went to data section and selected profit column and grag into appropriate section of the screen then i went to charts section and same chart was change without using profit column neither in horizontal axis nor in vertical axis.

why is this happening can i know please?

thank you

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Devi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I will start by saying that any columns dragged onto the table report in the Data screen will be available to add to the chart, however they will not automatically be added. If you have added the profit column to your report but you are unable to select it on the chart screen at all, please provide me with the following details to better assist you:

• Version of Yellowfin - this can be found by appending /info.jsp to your Yellowfin URL (eg http://localhost:8080/info.jsp)
  • Screenshot of your Data screen with all the columns you are looking to use
  • Screenshot of your Charts screen with the available columns listed
  • Any specific error messages you are seeing

Cheers,

Neal

photo

HI NEAL,

Thank you for your reponse i am able to select column in charts screen but if i don`t select and drag in chart so, why changes happen in my chart

i have attached two page place check and let me know why is this happen.

http://jtwgdwxbi01:8080/MIPreReports.i4

Thank you so much

kind regard

Devi Dayal

photo

Hi Devi,

Thank you for sending those through. I will have to test to see if this is a bug with the charts screen. To do this I will need to know the version and build number for the Yellowfin you are using. I cannot access your site from here, so I will ask that you go to:

http://jtwgdwxbi01:8080/info.jsp

And print it to PDF and send it through please. Could you also include a screenshot of your report before and after adding the profit column.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Dear Neal,

i attaced all processor step by step please check and let me know

thank you so much for supporting to understand YELLOWFIN BI

Best regard

Thank you

photo

Hi Devi,

Those pictures have helped. Looking at the 1st page.png vs 3th page.png, we can see that the data in the table has changed quite a bit and it is this underlying data that the charts are built off, so if the values in the tables change then the values in the charts also change. In 1st page.png Month starts at Feburary and flows through, while 3th page.png starts on October. I would suggest there may be some empty values in PROFIT_BENEFIT which are causing the ACC_CURR_AMT to not include some rows.

To try and get around this I would recommend adding an Advanced Function to the Profit column and selecting the 'Null to Zero' as shown below:

/1ccb3a7dfcb891e8be262b1393fe88fc

/f86784a55528f619329b63725e94dc7d

Please try this and let me know how it goes. Can you also change the email address you are using to the one associated with your company's Yellowfin account so we can ensure we are providing you with the correct support.

Cheers,

Neal

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file