The blue "add to dashboard" bar should stay away when you close it

Guest shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hello,

When you open a dashboard that is currently not on your personal dashboard there is a blue bar at the top of the page asking you if you want to Add the dashboard to your personal dashboard with an "Add" button.

When I close this bar using the "X" I would expect it stays hidden. But when I logout en login again and open the same dashboard it is asking me again to add it to the personal dashboard.

As this blue bar is very visible and "in your face" I would like it to respect my decision to close it for that specific dashboard. Or even nicer would be if it could be added to the dashboard menu. So the option is there, but not in your face.

This repeating question is causing some irritation with our customers and I have not found a way to disable it other than adding it to your personal dashboad but that is not something you always want.

Regards,

JeRoen

Replies (9)

photo

Hi JeRoen,

I hope you are well!

I know exactly what you are referring to! Rather than selecting the 'x' would it be a option to 'add' the dashboard as a tab? - This way, the blue box will no longer appear.

Let me know!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

As I mentioned in my initial message the only way to stop it is adding it to your personal dashboard, but that is not always what you want. I want only my main dashboard loaded on startup (or available at startup).

Could you make a feature request for this. I do not know have intrusive this setting is in YF 9. Might be worth checking out.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hey JeReon,

I hope you are well!

I have checked this out in version 9 and unfortunately the outcome is still the same. When Viewing a Dashboard that is not added as one of my dashboard tabs, it will ask if I would like to add it to my tabs...click exit, toggle between other tabs back to the tab that i decided i did not want to permanently add and it displays the 'would you like to add this.....'

7f51bcbd34d6b38d21ac98fe518e359e

Would you like me to raise an idea on your behalf to be sent to the development team? To dismiss this process after the first time exit-ing the request and not be prompted to add it again.

I will be happy to do so :) Let me know!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

Yes please do raise it as a idea. I can imagine thise is becoming a big issue when a user does not want to add a dashboard and is asked every time he/she is opening it.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hey JeRoen,

I hope you are well!

I would like to let you know that I have now raised this idea on your behalf - You will find the community idea here <

I have now also raised this with the development team and any/all updates will be through the community idea, I hope that is ok!

I will go ahead and mark this ticket as closed, unless you have any further questions? I will be happy to help! :)

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hello Lesley,

Closing is fine. Thanks for adding it as an idea.

Regards,

JeRoen

photo

Hey JeRoen,

Ok, Thanks For letting me know!

It was no problem at all! :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Jeroen,

you could change the CSS by having you custom css file and have this line added.

This works in Yellowfin 9, probably also in 8 but maybe the reference is different.

.addTabToDashboardContainer {

visibility: hidden;

}

Regards,

Jurgen (VisionBI)

photo

Hey Jurgen,

I hope you are well :)

Yes you are correct, this can be hidden via CSS. Though we can not officially support this, but if necessary you can do it.

The idea for removing the pop up from the dashboards has been accepted by the developers have will be implemented into a future release - please see here for any future updates regarding this idea! :)

Thanks & Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file