100% Stacked Charts (Bar / Column)

Ruan Steyn shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi

We're working with a few customers who make use of NPS scores in their customer analytics and I noticed that Yellowfin doesn't have any options on the Stacked Charts to make use of a 100% Stacked feature.

Does Yellowfin have any plans to include this standard chart any time soon?

Thanks

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Ruan,

Thank you for getting in touch. While there is no pre-built functionality for 100% stacked charts, it is possible to create these using Yellowfin. Using the Ski Team database as an example:

In Data:

1. Place "Demographic" and "Invoice Amount" into columns
  2. Place "Booking Step" into rows
  3. In the "Invoice Amount" field, select Advanced Function->"Percentage of Total"

edb30c148297c37edc3da753401b4fc9

In Charts:

1. Select stacked column or stacked bar
  2. Place "Booking Step" on the horizontal axis
  3. Place "% of total of invoiced amount "on the vertical axis
  4. Place "Demographic" in color

3da706e239d4bcdbee8204564babf51e

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Ruan,

I was just wondering if you have had any luck in resolving this issue? Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you would be okay with me closing this ticket.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Stacked column charts expect a metric value for the "Colour" field. It would be very useful to have the ability to use dimensions here. There is a discrepancy in behavior since this is possible when using an "Auto Chart", but not when using a Stacked Vertical Column chart directly. The auto chart version is missing some formatting options and axis settings, so it is not fully functional.

It is possible to create a stacked vertical chart if the source table is a crosstab report, but that is very limiting. We do not want to always create a crosstab in order to have a stacked column/bar chart.

I understand that Trellis chart is useful to display Stacked column charts, however, Trellis and Auto chart version is missing label option which very crucial for our requirement. Is there a way we can display the labels on Trellis and Auto chart.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Sumit K

photo

HI Sumit,

Unfortunately what you are referring to has been an enhancement for as long as I have been here. I will note its importance to you on the current ticket, but I am not hopeful that this will be implemented in the near future.

In the end, if you have limitations that cannot be accomplished within the current chart builder, then your best bet for a short term solution will be to look into using JavaScript charts.

Is this an option in this case?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Sumit,

I am going to close this for now, but let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file