Calculated Fields

Maria A. Maldonado shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I'm having a problem using a field(number) in the calculated field can someone help me?

Values:

Target = 400,000.00

Third-range-amt = 1.10

Third-range-perc= 0.06

Second-range-amt = 1.0

second-range-perc= 0.05

First-range-amt = .90

first-range-perc= 0.04

SQL Case Statement:

CASE WHEN SUM (Total Sales ) > ( Target * Third-Range-Amt ) THEN SUM ( Total Sales ) * ( 1 + Third-Range-Perc ) WHEN SUM (Total Sales ) BETWEEN ( Target * Second-Range-Amt ) AND ( Target * Third-Range-Amt ) THEN SUM ( Total Sales ) * ( 1 + second-Range-Perc ) WHEN SUM (Total Sales ) BETWEEN ( Target * First-Range-Amt ) AND ( Target * Second-Range-Amt ) THEN SUM ( Total Sales ) * ( 1 + First-Range-Perc ) ELSE SUM ( Total Sales ) END

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Simon,

The following SQL code is working:

CASE WHEN SUM (Total Sales ) > ( Target * 1.1 ) THEN SUM ( Total Sales ) * 1.06 WHEN SUM ( Total Sales ) BETWEEN Target AND ( Target * 1.09 ) THEN SUM ( Total Sales * 1.05 ) WHEN SUM ( Total Sales ) BETWEEN ( Target * 0.9 ) AND ( Target * 0.99 ) THEN SUM ( Total Sales ) * 1.04 ELSE SUM ( Total Sales ) END

But, I want to have a variable for each number as I had describe in the reference ¨values¨ for the problem before.

So, I just replace the number values for the variables with the same number value in each field.

I do not see what is the problem in the code when is just a replacement of variables.

Why with numbers the SQL code works and with variables it doesn't??

Thanks Again,

Maria Maldonado Laboy

photo

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the late response,

I've been testing data to make sure I can use these parameters you taught me. I think that these parameters will be very useful. Therefore, as I have not achieved my goal I would like to leave the dialogue open just in case I need more help. But thank you very much for everything.

Grateful,

Maria A.

photo

Hi Simon,

Thank you so much for everything it was very helpful.

I used the parameters to achieve the expected result and it works.

Thanks Again,

Maria

Leave a Comment

Attach a file