Top 10 Rank Based on Total of 2 Rows

Trevor Wheadon shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I am creating a chart that shows number of incidents per site (top 10). The chart needs to be a stacked horizontal bar that shows the number of open and number of closed incidents per site.

The Issue I am running into is when I apply a ranking to my report, it ranks the number of closed and number open per site individually, it does not rank based on total incidents for that site (see attached screenshot). This means that my chart mostly only shows the number of closed incidents per site, since those are the higher ranking numbers.

Is there a way for the ranking to look at the total incidents for the site instead of total open or closed?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the reply!

I added an append sub query onto my report and I can get the total number of incidents now, but it is ignoring the date filter I have on the original query so it gives me a total of all incidents ever created for that site. I can add a date filter onto my sub query, but then the user of the report would have to fill in two filters. I also attempted to link the two date filters, but when I do that my report returns 0 results.

Any thoughts on how I can link these filters?

Thank you,

Trevor

photo

Hi Simon,

I was able to link my date filters by using the "Same Operator" option when linking the two filters and my report is now showing correct data!

Thank you very much for the help!

Trevor

Leave a Comment

Attach a file