yellowfin screen

Ronnie Abrahiem shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi

Is there any way to change the yellowfin screen that people see when they first log in they don't see this frown face? People will think they don't have access.

Thanks

Ronnie

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for reaching out. If your users aren't going to have Dashboards assigned, at least not initially, you can configure Yellowfin to login to a different page instead of to Dashboards.

This can be configured from Profile Settings > Display Preferences:

/67ef0978a1b8e4cf32369e64d29d5053

As you can see, you can choose to login to Timeline or Browse Page instead.

If you want to change these values in bulk, you can link the desired users' IpId's from the IpClass table to the IpPerson value in the PersonConfiguration table and update the corresponding ConfigCode value ENTRYPAGE of DASHBOARD under ConfigData:

/8c6deb2dc7ebaa1420f5ed6b9c3eb232

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your prompt replay. When I tried to display the record I get the error message below:

select * from PERSONCONFIGURATION where CONFIGDATA= 'DASHBOARD' and IPPERSON = '5';

ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected - got CLOB

00932. 00000 - "inconsistent datatypes: expected %s got %s"

*Cause:

*Action:

Error at Line: 1 Column: 41

Please see attached file for more details.

Thanks

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your reply. I don't quite understand how a simple Select statement would generate an 'inconsistent datatypes' error. Based on Oracle's documentation, the SQL syntax appears to be correct.

Are you able to select other values from the this or other tables? If you select without a where clause or with just one where clause (no 'AND'), does it work? The error message you've provided is generated from Oracle itself (ORA-00932), so I'm not sure how much we can troubleshoot this on our end without actually having a copy of your configuration database on-hand.

Ultimately though, the value you'll want to update the ConfigData 'DASHBOARD' value to is 'BROWSE'.

Something like:

UPDATE PersonConfiguration SET ConfigData = 'BROWSE' WHERE IpPerson = '5';

If you want to do this for individual users, or:

UPDATE PersonConfiguration SET ConfigData = 'BROWSE' WHERE ConfigData = 'DASHBOARD';

If you want to do this globally.

If you try one of these, does this work at least? Or do you still see the 'inconsistent datatypes' message?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for support. I updated the ConfigData column with "BROWSE". I have couple questions:

1. The user asked for: "We'd like it if the user logs in and only sees the reports in the Department Cost folder", please the attached file.

2. My company changed the company standard email address from FirstName_LastName@denso-diam.com to FirstName_LastName@nadenso.com. What is the easy way to change all yellowfin user's email.

Thanks

Ronnie

photo

Hi Ronnie,

1. This should technically be possible via Tight Integration. Specifically, when configuring Single Sign-On Session Options. That said, this is not so straight-forward or simple to achieve, and the setup of this falls outside the scope of standard Support. These points considered, if you're interested in pursuing this further, I'd recommend reaching out to your Account Manager to discuss Consulting options as I'm afraid Support will be unable to assist further regarding this.

2. This should be simple enough to accomplish. In terms of user logins, you would simply replace the EmailRight values in your IpClass table:

UPDATE reportheader SET EmailRight = 'nadenso.com' WHERE EmailRight = 'denso-diam.com';

The other location the email addresses would have to be updated is in the IpContact table, which can be achieved by executing a query such as the following:

UPDATE ipcontact SET EmailAddress = REPLACE (EmailAddress,'@denso-diam.com','@nadenso.com'); 
This example is using MySQL, so you may need to alter the syntax slightly, though I can confirm there's still a REPLACE() function in Oracle (and I think this may work in Oracle as-is anyway).

Just to be safe, I recommend that before running any queries against your Yellowfin Configuration Database, you make sure to have full, up-to-date backups of both your Yellowfin Configuration Database and your Yellowfin Installation folder. This way, if something goes wrong you can revert back to your current state.

Please let me know if you have any questions on either of these.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your support and updated information. I will update the email in the both tables. Please you can close this ticket.

Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

You're welcome! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file