Drill Anywhere from Calculated Field

Zack Wilson shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Very similar to the idea of Drill Anywhere from Grouped Data... When adding a Calculated Field to a view, it would be nice to be able to use that field in a Drill Anywhere option.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds like a viable idea to me, but just so we can better qualify the usefulness of the idea before logging an internal enhancement request, can you please just briefly describe your desired use case for this?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Yes. I have several instances where I need to create a calculated field (in the view) based off of a couple of other column datapoints (the result is usually text based). I would like to then be able to use that column to be accessed by the "Drill Anywhere" property as a beginning set of data.

Sometimes I could utilize the Grouped Data function, but that also is not accessible to the Drill Anywhere property.

In other words... All dimension fields should be able to be utilized in the Drill Anywhere Analysis.

photo

Hi Zack,

Thanks for getting back to me. Looking through our tasks I see we're actually planning on adding Drill Anywhere functionality for Metrics, Grouped Data, and Calculated Fields. We don't actually have this being tracked publicly, so I'll set this ticket to Idea Logged, so we can track this here and provide updates as they come along. As of right now the target version for this 8.0.6, so this will still be several months off at the very least.

Regards,

Mike

photo

What about version 9?

photo

Hi Zack,

I'd imagine so, but I've requested feedback on this from the dev team and will let you know when I hear back.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file