Date filtering options

Sofia Rabin shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

1. Today we set the date filter as user prompt and the user can only select dates from a calendar

it would be great if we can allow users filter dates with the same options that exist in report editor:

a. Define value - last/next x days/weeks/months etc..

b. Filtering the report using pre-defined period values.

2. Allow Pre-defined period values to be used for 'between' operand. For example filter between 'last 4 weeks' and 'next 30 days'

Thanks,

Sofia

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for reaching out with this question.

What you are looking for is essentially the following within the filter window, correct?/107882c814985230f7b340388e308fa8

The functionality to do this 'on-the-fly' doesn't currently exist as dynamic filters are only available to be hard-coded. There is a task logged internally to have this functionality added to Yellowfin. You can track the progress of this task here.

You may be able to work around this via the 'Advanced Filter Settings' Or the 'Configure Filters' menu within the report builder. This will let us use pre-defined values and much more with the filters. /d35d0e375599436aa53b0286437f962b

Please let me know if this information was helpful, or if I misunderstood the question.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi,

I created new parameter as mentioned in the link you attached.

When I add the parameter to report, it's default value is 0.

can we define the parameter as user prompt and allow the user to leave this filter blank?

also,can we allow Pre-defined period values to be used for 'between' operand (2nd question in my ticket) ?

Thanks,

Sofia

photo

Hello Sofia,

Thanks for the update.

The recommendation made by Larry within the ticket linked wasn't intended as a solution for this issue. I wanted to link you this other ticket as that is where updates on the enhancement request to add the functionality will be posted.

As for using a per-defined period within the filters this is possible by going into the formatting options of the filter:

/664ec05e21a136fe75b5085c6ac13b8e

Then setting the entry options to 'Value List Selection" and the 'Value List Setup"

/421101a83ab94df06b11b34a6294cf58

Once we enter the design tab you can see the drop down has a list of pre-defined values.

Please let me know if this information is useful.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

sounds great...

i opened this ticket because we need to get a solution for the following scenario:

Today we filtering few reports this way:

Last 15 months and less than 15 days from current date.

/1ccdfd2bcc75295a4161a5ec3790fb77

We want give to the user option to filter on any number instead 15.

At this point we created 2 fields:

/72f1835e7d5e75a70d67a8cd60c9b53f

How can we affect on both fields and get the same logic ad we get today?

Thanks,

Sofia

photo

Hi Sofia,

Currently it isn't possible to use the dynamic date filter as a value list selection. There is an enhancement request logged to have this functionality added.

Please let me know if this logged Idea sounds like the issue you are attempting to solve. If not we can amend the post or raise this as a new enhancement.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared,

The solution in the logged idea is problematic for us because most of our reports contains multiple filters as user prompt,

so there are cases when the user need to get data without filtering on date.

if we will add the parameter (which can't be user prompt\null) it means that the user must filter the report by dates.

Thanks,

Sofia

photo

Hi Sofia,

The Idea post is a vehicle to log the enhancement task to add the requested functionality to Yellowfin and provide updates on said tasks to our community. The solution within the Idea post is a potential work around provided by one of our community members and may not be viable for everyone's use-case.

Unfortunately my team and I am currently unaware of a viable workaround for your use-case. It may be necessary to create a report for filtering by dates and another report for when other filters are required.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Sofia,

Hope things are well.

I wanted to reach out to see if you had any questions regarding the enhancement. If you do not, i will move forward and mark this ticket as 'Idea Logged' and continue correspondance through the linked Idea post.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi,

No questions.

You can mark this ticket as 'Idea Logged'.

Thank you!

Sofia

photo

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I will go ahead and mark this at 'Idea Logged'.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any other issues or questions.

Thanks,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file