Expand All or Collapse all option for folders in Report builder

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi team

In report builder at left side pane we expose all view fields in field category and we can expand or collapse folder based on required fields.

But when someone search for specific field using search string then YF shows all possible matches for the field and expand all these folders and then user need to manually collapse them one by one.

This is ok if view is small with few folders but when view is relatively big with lost of folders then it will difficult to manage this manually.

Eg; I searched for ID and it shown all possible matches and it has expanded close to 30 folders, now user need to collapse all of them manually.

It will be good if we provide option at top to Expand All and Collapse All

/384e13fbed1d710d4f551e22056e5e9f

Just to add one more UI where similar setting would be beneficial, When customer has too many broadcasts and background tasks then collapse all or expand all option Schedule Management window would be helpful.

/6ade9b86e0ffd1c213696729f3028808

Please evaluate and let us know.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

I hope all is well,

From what I can see you are requesting 2 idea that both relate to; Collapse and Expand, but for different parts of YF.

View Level

I believe this has been raised before, please read the below statement and let me know if this is similar:

"It would be great if you could implement an Expand All/Collapse All button in the Prepare stage of the View Builder. (This is for the folders and fields listed vertically in the left panel)"

Schedule Management

Option to collapse all or expand all.

Let me know your views on the above.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Looks ok to me but My first requirement was not only for View but also in Report Builder --> Data Step

Thanks,

Abhijeet

photo

Hi Abhijeet,

Thank you for clearing this up. I will make sure I add the discussed options that you require.

I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file