View & field categories wiki page

Mandy Howard shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

It seems that the view & fields categories wiki page is outdated as of 7.3.

"Adjust Field Category in View" -- in 7.3 the UI is different here and to access this witin a view in the prepare step, click "+" -- please confirm. In addition, the window that appears for add/edit is different.

Is "Assign Field Categories" valid functionality in 7.3? We do not see this locally in 7.3.

Lastly, "Field Categories" is now "Field Folders?"

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Mandy,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions. You're correct! That particular Wiki page is a little outdated. We have an upcoming re-write of the Wiki coming, but I'm happy to answer these questions in the meantime.

"Adjust Field Category in View" and "Assign Field Categories" can be addressed together. When in a View, during the Prepare stage you will assign these categories. To create a new category (field folder) click the "+" button at the bottom right of the left-hand pane. You can then "Add/Edit Folders." In order to move a field from one Category, or folder, to another simply drag and drop from one folder to the other.

Yes you are correct. Field Categories is now referred to as Field Folders.

Sorry for any inconvenience that particular Wiki page has caused, as it is a bit dated. As always if you have further questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact us.

Did I provide insight on your questions?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Thanks. Yes. We figured this out as well. When is the wiki re-write coming?

photo

Hi Mandy,

Unfortunately I'm unable to provide any ETA's on the Wiki re-write, as the project is still in its infancy. You can monitor the Community here, as I'm sure we'll post an announcement for its release. This particular page we were looking at here is one of the few that's not version-specific. Most of the pages in the Wiki have at least been re-written since 7.3, denoted by the highlighted part of the URL:

23785337b652d7f88d9a03ea71205179

The USER73 denotes a version of 7.3. The particular page you linked looks to be a generic article, as it doesn't contain this in the URL.

Hopefully this provides some insight, and as always, if you're unsure feel free to reach out with any questions. I'll go ahead and mark this as answered, since it seems like all items have been addressed.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file