Only show user selected filters in exported reports

Gerri shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Yellowfin,

Currently you can either enable or disable the filters at the bottom or top of an exported report. The issue here however is that we have some preset filters in the report that the Users never see, so it looks odd to have them included in the export of the report at runtime. I would like to add the option to show just the user selected filters?

Thank you,

Gerri

Best Answer
photo

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to circle back on this, as the feature you're after is already possible within the product.

You start by first enabling the filter legend, as you've already done.

6b1854cbfc9ae736064f1fa9a62feab6

The second part is to actually choose which filters you want to exclude from the legend, which is done per filter.

92df8549dfd100e845c829da0f25bcab

In my below example, You will see I have included the filter 'Gender' on the report , with hard coded values, and simply hid it from the legend.

76de6b783c4e0fd2c69bb902ea3b6d4d

Report Results (this also applies to files exported)

d5bc4eccc76995958b6621ac6a540f67

Please let us know if this doesn't give you the results you were after, or if you had further questions on this.

Apologies for not providing this info sooner.

Regards,

David

Replies (7)

photo

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion. I've logged this as an Idea for an Enhancement Request. Before becoming a request, ideas will be reviewed by our Product Team and chosen for Enhancements based on feasibility, level of positive impact to the user experience, and votes from the community. This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

is there any progress with this idea?

this is very important. most of the time users don't really know what filters are behind. we want to export only filters that the user apply (the filters that are shown at the top of the report web page when running a report.

Regards,

Reut

photo

Hi Reut,

Thank you for reaching out to us. At this stage this has not been assessed for inclusion in a future build. Not all ideas make it into the product roadmap but all ideas lead to some new thinking for our team, so I have noted your interest in this enhancement and will keep you updated.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Good to see more interest in this :-)

We are currently trying to move away from custom built reports, but finding roadblocks such as this - things that you can so easily code into a custom page/report that aren't available in yellowfin. Another one being allowing the user to choose 1,2 or up to 3 fields to group and sub-total their data by. E.g. show me my data totalled by sales region, or by country, or by account manager then country, then etc. etc.

photo

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to circle back on this, as the feature you're after is already possible within the product.

You start by first enabling the filter legend, as you've already done.

6b1854cbfc9ae736064f1fa9a62feab6

The second part is to actually choose which filters you want to exclude from the legend, which is done per filter.

92df8549dfd100e845c829da0f25bcab

In my below example, You will see I have included the filter 'Gender' on the report , with hard coded values, and simply hid it from the legend.

76de6b783c4e0fd2c69bb902ea3b6d4d

Report Results (this also applies to files exported)

d5bc4eccc76995958b6621ac6a540f67

Please let us know if this doesn't give you the results you were after, or if you had further questions on this.

Apologies for not providing this info sooner.

Regards,

David

photo

this means that I need to go over all my reports and mark all the 'hidden' filters to be hidden???

what about access filters also?

I have an example of report layout with access filters and it looks bad:

4a03c03a280963fb04eb9ef4fd5d4d21

Sent: Monday, 3 February 2020 3:25 AM

To: Reut Taizi <reut.taizi@galor.com>

Subject: New Comment in "Only show user selected filters in exported reports"

photo

Hi Reut,

You can set the default values for the Display Access Filter Values (Yellow box) globally through the Builder Settings tab of Administration -> Content Settings as shown in the image below. Unfortunately there is no way to set all hidden filters to not display.

/a98b889655f5223a3fe477ee77e36a83

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file